Instagram

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

A Clean and Green World Begins With Your Song


It's the time of the year again! Eco Music Challenge is back, scouting all talented youths to participate and show what you’ve got. Now, read on and spread the word to the aspiring musicians you know.


So what's Eco Music Challenge is all about?

Organised by the National Environment Agency (NEA), the Eco Music Challenge is a song-writing competition that encourages music talents to inspire others towards sustaining Singapore’s clean and green environment through their original compositions. .

For those of you who're already eager to join, don't hesitate!

Nowadays, most of us face difficulties. Not knowing what to do with our talents. Not being able to show what we’ve got. Not sure who are the right people to approach.

Let me share with you a little bit about myself. When I was seven years old, I already knew I wanted to try acting. I'm sure you'll be, "Are you kidding me? You were only seven!" Yes, I'm not kidding. I've always imagined myself being in the TV, acting, just like my dad. Eventually my wish came true about two years later, when I decided to go for auditions and casting calls. And here I am today, I'm proud of myself looking at what I've been through in this media line.

Everyone’s passion and interests lies in different areas.  If you are particularly interested in prominent social issues such as the environment, don’t miss the chance to be part of this movement! Singaporeans are often too busy with work and studies that we often overlook the things around us that are important. As our country continues to prosper, it is important that we learn to cherish and sustain our environment too. Don’t you think? It’s time we as youths do our part!


Bottom line, DON'T MISS AN OPPORTUNITY. Whenever people ask me how did I became an actress, I'll always encourage them to go forward, go for auditions, competitions and casting calls. Let the directors, producers know that there is someone out there they are looking for. The same goes for any cause that I feel strongly about, when there is a chance, I will definitely not let it slip by.

Opportunities are always right in front of us, but as to whether we decide to grab them before others do is what makes one person stand out from others! I personally feel that this is a good platform especially for youths to showcase their talents. Admit it, Singaporeans consist of a huge number of youths who often have lots to say about what is being done in our country, and are also talented. For some of you who have thought of wanting to step up and show what you got, it's time to get out of your comfort zone. Give it a try! You'll never know that you're a step closer in chasing your dreams.

Simply submit your original song and you could get the chance to win cash prizes up to $5,000! The 1st runner up will receive $3000 and 2nd runner up will receive $2000. On top of that, 12 finalists will also be mentored by professionals like Clement Chow, Danny Loong, Jack Ho and Ruth Ling. In addition to that, your winning song will become the official Clean and Green Singapore theme song for 2015.

AWESOMEEEEEE! A Clean and Green World Begins with Your Song!

Here are some little tips from me that might give you ideas in composing your songs:

I’ve always told myself, “You must be the change you wish to see in the world.” Which means, we each have a responsibility to make the change and decisions that will benefit the natural world around us. Putting aside the natural disasters, of course that’s beyond our control. However there’s a lot of things we can do as an individual to protect our environment. I’ve come to appreciate the trees and that line up along our highways, and the efforts to include flora and fauna into the concrete jungle of Singapore. I have also been trying to waste less plastic bags and not take them when unnecessary!
-You can do your part by switching off your appliances at the power sockets when not in use
-Of course not forgetting the 3 Rs: Reduce, Reuse, Recycle. We can also print on both sides of the paper to reduce paper usage! All these little acts will add up to a considerable amount of effort! And of course, you can even lead this movement by writing a song to inspire others towards sustaining the clean and beautiful environment that we enjoy in Singapore
  
Now, I hope that gives some idea to you!

Sigh, I wish I'm talented in singing or composing songs, I would have definitely joined this competition for sure. Okay, dream on Lydia.

Here’s more information for all aspiring musicians and environmental advocates out there: 

Submission closes: 12pm, 8 August 2014
Competition Finals: 13 September 2014
Find out more or submit your audio/video entry at:

Stay updated on EMC happenings on:

Spread the word! If you know a friend who has talents or want to do their part as an environmental advocate, encourage him/her to join! J Now I’m already excited to find out this year’s entries, hehe.

Good luck, guys!

Xoxo,
Lydia Izzati




No comments :

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.